Knowing more about scars:
- Getting injured from an accident can leave scars to the skin, scars that definitely looks ugly especially those that are left on the face. Although a medical operation after an injury can help the wound heal, it will still leave some marks on the skin that may stay even for a lifetime.
- The type of skin a certain individual have is very important when it comes to scar removal. Some scars even develop into keloid after wounds, cuts, and even abrasion, had damaged the skin surface. It is definitely unpleasant to have these skin marks as it may affect even emotional being of an individual, some can’t afford to meet their social obligations because of scars on their skin.
- Keloid can be a different topic and it is better to skip it for the mean time and focus on simple scars as they can be easily removed compared to keloids. Scars in medical language are known as the fibrous tissue formed on the skin in order to repair broken tissue. After the skin is damaged by wounds, it produces more cells in order to re-grow the punctured skin known as a scar which is easily visible because the cells that go in making up the scar are of lesser quality compared to original cells.
The process of scar removal
Only few are aware that the full treatment and healing of scars is impossible and some think that a simple skin care cream or lotion can get rid of these skin marks.
Of course, many medical options and cosmetic solutions are available to cover up scars somehow. But when it comes to completely removing the scar off the surface of the skin, none of these medical and cosmetic methods have proven to remove scar completely.
Masking the scar can be done through methods like steroid injections, surgery using lasers, dermabrasion and therapy using radio, but then again, none of these can completely remove the scars.
Lately, there are numerous medical advancements and research done to completely get rid of scars.
Natural scar removal methods:
It doesn’t hurt much to try some safe herbal methods to remove scars. There are some simple home remedies that could work on your skin, not to mention that they do not have any side-effects that can be harmful to the skin.
These methods should definitely be considered first before signing in for complicated surgical procedures to get rid of
Some of the herbal remedies that can be easily pulled out of the garden or even at home are provided here:
- Aloe Vera – known as a good home remedy for the treatment of residual scars. The juice of Aloe Vera is considered as natural bleach which if applied to the scars can slowly reduce and vanish most of its surface.
- Cucumber – this helps in the removal of scar tissues with the help of its paste that is applied directly to the scars. If left overnight, it can smoothen scars out after a few processes of applications.